Skip to main content

EXCHANGE STUDENT TRAVEL TIPS PART 2: Ladies must have :))

*for TIPS Part 1 << click here
TIPS Part 3 << click here

Ok, so the opposite gender in the whole world is obviously aware of this:

The ladies have their special needs.

Or in other words, more item in the luggage that men don't care about. No offence, being a female myself I do approve of this fact.(^^)

So, here we go:


LADIES MUST HAVE/DO:


  1. FLAT-IRON!: This is painfully true for muslim ladies wearing hijab. I remember going to camping one day and one of my junior actually brought her flat-iron to the camping ground to iron her scarfs!! So, here's some Tips: don't buy or bring any in your luggage. Just in case, bring along an ekin-style scarf for easy-instance wear. Now, what I did was me and my roomate shared some money to buy an iron here in Jecheon for less than RM50. This is more economical and convenient for everyone.
  2. BRING YOUR SHAWLS: Do you still have that thick pashmina you were hoping to wear but you never bring yourself to it because it's too hot to wear it in Malaysia?? Well now's a great time to bring them along to this trip, it'll be a great "warmer" for your head during the cold season, plus hijab is a piece of fashion you won't easily find around here.
  3. FORMAL WEAR: We don't know if we will be invited to such events, but just in case, you guys should bring at least one baju kurung, or anything traditional related. AND i know some like to wear heels with kurung, and this could take a LOT of space in the luggage, so again, if you like we can buy it here in Korea.
  4. PRAYING ESSENTIALS: Just felt the need to remind this again. This is just a suggestion on what to wear if you want to pray a'la musafir, which means praying anywhere in the public area. Bring along a long-jubah, preferably the type that strap on at the front, and a finger-less glove. This is really convenient, because you won't have to change you hijab and you'll be ready to go once you've finished your prayer.
  5. TOILETRIES: So this item takes most of the volume in a ladies luggage space. What I can advise is try to bring along the kind of item that you know is hard to purchase here. For example if you don't mind using a different type of shower gel then it'll be wise to bring along a bar soap for the first trip. Then later if you hated the bar soap, you can purchase shower gels here. That way you'll save space on your luggage. Tips: In other words it's advisable for you to bring along travel size toiletries, and purchase bigger version when you arrive.
  6. >
  7. CLOTHING: Like I mentioned in the previous part, please bring along as minimal as possible. Especially among girls, we all know about that little "habit" we have that turned an innocent Window-shopping into 4-bags-of-new-clothes-shopping. We've all been there, and believe me it will happen again here in Korea because you guys would love the choices they have here. Another thing I like shopping clothes in korea is that everything is literally "Made in Korea", in a way you won't feel  like you've been ripped-of like the kind that have those "made in China" label on it.


So that was basically it, but please be careful about how you wanna spend your money here. Some of the things in Korea are not that different from Malaysian prices, especially if the item was Korean made it'll be cheaper. 

Other than that... oh yeah, hangers! Don't worry about bringing some from home, maybe bring like one or two for the first week, and again later if you need more you guys can just purchase Korean made hangers for a cheaper price.



I can't think of what other advise I can give for now, but if you have any enquiries leave a comment down here and I'll get back to you as soon as I read it. (^_^)




Comments

  1. Of course, it goes without saying that selecting a good policy is important so make sure you include that as part of your travel planning.

    Travel Advise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 2012 meant to me

At the beginning of this year there was only one thing I was excited about, my first internship. It was located at Cyberjaya , and seeing that commuting back and forth to my parents home will be a big hassle there's only one thing I have to do. Rent out a place of my own. I know that within the western culture having to live in your own place after college is a big deal. Well, not so much for most Malaysians. In my opinion, having your own place would either mean you got a huge sack of cash hidden somewhere, or you have a stable job that provide you more sack of cash. In other words, people with a lot of cash. On my first day of my internship, my colleague offered me a room in their terrace. Apparently no one was using the room anyway so it only make sense for me to rent it. Plus I don't even have to worry about driving since we can carpool together. The room didn't come with a bed but one of them lent me an extra mattress she got from her old neighbour-friend that move

The Dormitory

This is what my dormitory looks like. It's almost like a real apartment. Quite small, but for a college student it's very comfortable, with a private bathroom. What I like about it is that it got all the basics that I need. They got self service washing machines, but for the dryer we have to pay 1 usd for each use. They also have a huge gym room, and a computer room you can use at any time. The microwave and the water dispenser is a plus.

Happy New Year Malaysia!!